jQuery Comment Preview WordPress Plugin
jQuery Comment Preview WordPress Plugin allows the live comment preview without page reboot. It works on jQuery.
Requires WordPress version: 2.9 or higher.
You can see an example on a current site.
- Live comment preview, which does not take that extra space on the page.
- Simple HTML-editor (instructions on using the editor are on the plugin options page).
- You can customize comment preview block as you wish. You can display: comment author name, avatar (static or dinamic using gravatar.com), comment date and time, comment text. All this can be designed with CSS.
- You may don’t connect plugin’s CSS file (optional) if you wish to reduce number of queries to your server.
- Plugin’s JS and CSS files are connected only on the pages with comment form.
Attention: knowledge of CSS and HTML may require for using a plugin.
Version: 0.6 / Last updated: 2013-06-06
jquery-comment-previewfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in admin interface of WordPress.
- If it’s necessary, you can customize options in admin interface at the
Options → jQuery Comment Previewpage.
- If it’s necessary, you can edit CSS styles for comment preview block in the
- That’s all.
HTML code of preview block
The plugin creates the following structure of HTML code for the preview block (this may be useful in the design through CSS):
<div id="jcpWrap"> <div id="jcpToolbar"> <div id="htmlEditor"> <a>button</a> <a>button</a> ... </div> <div id="previewTab">Preview</div> </div> <textarea name="comment"></textarea> </div>
If nothing works
- Make sure that you use the appropriate version of WordPress, which is required for a plugin work.
Make sure that the
header.phpfile of your theme has the following code:
<?php wp_head(); ?>
If not, insert it before the
- If the first 2 points are not solved the problem, give details in comments to this post.
- Version 0.6 (2013-06-06):
- now the plugin connects jQuery bundled with WordPress;
- script now supports jQuery 1.9 and higher.
- Version 0.5.1 (2013-02-04):
- fixed: plugin did not worked when WP_DEBUG was enabled.
- Version 0.5 (2011-09-10):
- now if there is no selected text while inserting the URL, then a link itself becomes an anchor;
- added ability to insert a link to an image through a dialog box.
- Version 0.4 (2011-03-19):
- optimized jQuery script;
- changed the names of identifiers of blocks, made appropriate changes in the CSS file;
- fixed a bug when using the single quote in the translation file and in the template of preview block;
- changed the default template of preview block;
- the tag
now cuts from the template of preview block;
- modified the path to the jquery-comment-preview.js file;
- minimized the md5.js file.
- Version 0.3 (2010-09-23):
- this version works on WordPress 2.9 or higher;
- fixed: plugin did not worked, if “WordPress address” and “Blog address” differed;
- now you can use single quotes in the text of preview button;
- added the “About the plugin” button;
- optimized the system of settings.
- Version 0.2 (05.02.10):
- text links in the preview now are clickable;
- new option: ‘Add the target=”_blank” parameter to external links’;
- new option: ‘Show button with WordPress smilies’ – uses build-in WordPress smiles;
- added French localization (thanks to Wolforg).
- Version 0.1.7 (03.18.10):
- solved the problem, when preview did not work until the “Update Options” button not been pressed on a plugin options page;
- jQuery 1.4.2 is now connected instead of jQuery 1.3.2.
- Version 0.1.6 (01.05.10):
- solved the problem, when a tags have been inserted incorrectly in Internet Explorer when using the HTML editor;
- adding a link now works like in WordPress HTML editor – when ‘link’ button is clicked, there appear a window for entering a URL.
- Version 0.1.5 (12.20.09):
- the design of preview panel has been changed. Now it looks like WordPress HTML editor;
- the structure of the template of the HTML editor has been changed;
- the script connects now to the
nameparameter of the
textareatag, but not to
- solved the problem, when in some cases preview did not work;
- the plugin’s JS and CSS files connects now in the
headsection of the page code;
- jQuery now comes from Google.
- Version 0.1.4 (06.20.09):
- added ability to indicate the value of the
idacoderibute of the
- added ability to insert comment date and time in preview block template;
- added the option for displaying avatars from gravatar.com.
- added ability to indicate the value of the
- Version 0.1.3 (02.07.09):
- fine-tuned filters of text formacodeing in preview;
- deleted automatic ficodeing the width of the preview panel under width of a
field, now need to change its width through CSS, for this you need to play once with the
#jquery-comment-previewidentifiers, which are in the
- Version 0.1.2 (12.19.08): the changes associated with incorrect display of the comment form in Internet Explorer on some WordPress themes.
- Version 0.1.1 (12.17.08): fixed bug: the comment can not be submited.
- Version 0.1 (12.16.08): the initial version.